About Blog

The reason I’m making this blog is because I feel strongly about the critically endangered animals that we could lose in our lifetime, the fact that the next generation might miss out on seeing or knowing about some of these species is worrying, like my generation did for the Javan Tiger. My aim is to raise awareness of this issue by focusing on a number of animals on the endangered species list. It is my hope that gaining public attention through my work, will inspire positive steps towards combating this ongoing problem.

Animals biased on the WWF's Top Ten Critically Endangered Species (http://www.wwf.org.uk/news_feed.cfm?3618/Ten-to-watch-in-2010)

Please note: This blog is for research and personal development towards a final piece for my University project.

Thursday 14 October 2010

worth a watch

David Attenborough recounts his very personal experiences with the mountain gorillas of Rwanda. Ever since they were discovered over a century ago, these remarkable creatures have been threatened by loss of habitat, poaching, disease and political instability. But despite all odds their numbers have increased. David tells the extraordinary tale of how conservationists like Dian Fossey have battled to save the mountain gorilla from the brink of extinction.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/i/74sfp/